For each of the areas listed below consider if the work you developed for this badge succeeds or doesn't succeed. If there are areas in which you don't think you were successful, revise your work so that it better meets the qualities set out in the areas below:
- Provided an overview of the current program or service that includes a specific and clear picture of what is provided to teens now and why it is ripe for re-development.
- Provided an overview of the ideas for redevelopment that explains specifically how the changes will support teens and why the revised service is important to the library and the community.
- Provided specific details on how staff and administration and community members will be brought into the process to help guarantee their buy-in and support.
- Provided specific details on how teens will be involved in the planning and implementation of the revised program or service.
- Provided a realistic timeline for the development of the program or service that includes planning and decision making time as well as implementation and evaluation schedules.
- Provided a budget that takes into account all aspects of the project including staff time, outreach costs, marketing costs, space reconfiguration costs, technology integration costs, and so on.
- Included an evaluation plan that explains when the evaluation will take place, how it will be implemented, who will be involved, and how it will be analyzed.
- Included a realistic timeline for the development of the program or service that includes planning and decision making time as well as implementation and evaluation schedules.
- Included a clear statement that explains how this re-developed program or service supports the YALSA Future of Libraries for and with Teens: A Call to Action report.